Sunday, November 16, 2008

Running Outside....

So I've decided that running outside is actually possible...although gentle breezes seem to turn into hurricane force winds, and gentle slopes into steep hills... Anyway, I ran today around the track at Hope Mills Park - with an audience no less, as Ed and Shelby went along to scooter, swing, and generally cheer me on. I made three laps in about 30 minutes, give or take a minute or two. Hard for me to say precisely because I was using the timer on my iPod, and didn't remember to stop or start it at the right times! Felt like I was crawling about half of the time, but Ed said I looked like I was "maintaining a good pace..." Of course, he couldn't see me when I was struggling up the "hill" by the cemetery! :-)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Go Angela! I know just what you mean; that mountain (I mean hill) is a killer! :)