Tuesday, September 1, 2009

She's Alive!!

So apparently what's been keeping me from halfway decent runs is the hot weather. Our temps dropped rather suddenly yesterday due to a huge storm, and this morning was almost cool. The humidity was low and it was breezy. What a difference it made! Don't get me wrong, it was still kind of hot, and that breeze turned into an unfortunate headwind, but I finally got in 2 miles! Finally!! It had been so frustrating to me that I just couldn't increase my distance back to what I consider my minimum, so I'm thrilled to finally have done it again.

Even better is that my pace has definitely dropped a bit. Today I was at 9:56 overall, a definite improvement. I hope that as the weather cools down (probably not until next month), I'll see continued improvement and I can get back to more serious training. I have high hopes for the Jingle Bell Jog this year!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good for you! Great pace for 2 miles, I wholeheartedly agree that the hot temps just kill the desire to run. We are housebound this week because of the fires, it is dark and overcast, not from clouds, but from smoke. The temps are supposed to cool, and humidity return, so we will see how the rest of the week goes. Enjoy the good days!