Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day Of School Run

Had a quick run today after dropping Laura off at her first day of school. I have to admit it felt pretty good to get out by myself, although by the time I got home and ready it was after 9:30am and it was insanely hot. I felt like I was plodding the whole way, but I managed a 9:50 pace which is really surprising. The faster running lead to less distance though, and I only did 1.5 miles.

Hoping that I'll build back up to 2 miles pretty soon; for some reason I feel like if I can achieve that, then I can start building more distance, no problem. Hopefully that's true!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Good job getting out there in the heat! Don't worry about your pace so much as you do on staying out longer, even if you are walking, you will build up the miles before you know it.