Saturday, October 24, 2009

Just A Run

The good news is that after a week of retraining my body to run, I was able to do 16 minutes today, without any walking breaks. The bad news is it was a slooow 16 minutes-I managed just 1.5 miles. Also bad? Not sure if I'll be able to keep it up-next week I might have to go back to the Couch to 5k training and add a few walking breaks back in.

A crazy headwind really slowed me down today. It was so weird running into such strong winds. The wind was blowing in my eyes, despite the fact that I was wearing sunglasses. Not sure how such a thing is possible, but it happened. Our temps are back up, it was 83 degrees yesterday after we experienced 40s and 50s on Monday. So back out came the running shorts and tank tops.

I'm glad I got some exercise today. The husband and daughter left this morning on an overnight trip, and I fully intend on eating some really bad for me food today. At least I started the day well by burning some calories.

No comments: