Monday, November 2, 2009

Brrr!

I guess I'm not used to running in chilly weather again, because today felt so cold! It's 54 degrees, which I'm aware is not that cold, but with the wind it felt downright nippy. I really bundled up and of course was regretting it pretty quickly.

I did 17.5 minutes today, a minute increase over last time. I keep telling myself I just need to slowly but surely add to my time, and soon I'll be right were I want to be. Unfortunately my pace is still embarrassingly slow-10:46 overall this time. I feel like I should be walking if I'm going to go that slow!! But there's nothing I can do about it now. I'm in no position to work on speed when I can't even hit 2 miles.

Regardless of my slow speed, I'm happy that I'm building my time again. It's been almost 6 months since I was consistently running 2 miles, and I'm desperate to get back to that point. It seems like a never-ending battle, this running business.

No comments: