Friday, June 5, 2009

Poor Neglected Blog

Our running blog is feeling sad that it has been updated in so long! So I will embarrass myself and write that I haven't run since May and that I went out today for a short walk with daughter and dog, and ran for about a minute during the walk and then proceeded to drop dead.

The bronchitis that I was diagnosed with about a week ago is still lingering, so I'm out of practice AND sick. Not a good combination. But I got a Garmin for Mother's Day and was dying to test it out, hence today's "exercise". It was a lot of fun using it and finding out that yes, I do really run that slow. But it was also so cool to know that I walked exactly .97 miles in 15:02. And that my overall pace was 15:28. I must convince myself that it is fun to know that, and not depressing.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

The Garmin will be your best training partner. I'm addicted to mine and I tend to drive my friends crazy by insisting that we finish our runs in whole numbers, not 3.9 but rather 4.0 miles. It will be a great motivator!

Angela said...

It took a bit of motivation for me to check in -- I've been running occasionally, but swimming more, but haven't been interested in blogging for some reason....

Finally though, I am ready to get back to it all!

c said...

I will give you credit for trying to get out !!! Your mother - in -law and I talked about what you have been dealing with and how hard it is to run or walk in humid weather. I told her I remember the feeling I lived in that climate for 35 years. I told her that during the summer after a shower I would wait to the last minute to dress so I would not be dripping in my clean clothes from sweat ! So kudo's to you for walking or running in it and you will be back out there in full force before you know it !