Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just Like Clockwork

So it begins again...my "asthma sickness". It happens every year, usually twice. This year I held it off a bit longer than usual, but no matter what I do, it's coming. I can't breathe, I feel congested, I'm exhausted. Of course it has to happen this week when I am absolutely slammed. But sick or not, Moxie needed a walk this morning, so off we went.

It was absolutely freezing and even though I had on more layers than usual (since I planned on walking only) I still wasn't warm. The quickest way to solve that problem is to run, so I decided to jog slowly for warmth. In the end I returned home to drop off my vest and ran for about 10 to 11 minutes. I'm not sure of the total because about halfway in I looked down at my watch and realized I had never started it. That's probably for the best because I really didn't want to know how slow I was going.

It always boggles my mind that when I'm sick I can manage to run for a bit, yet get out of breath climbing the stairs. What is that all about? I guess it's because I take my inhaler before I run. Regardless, I'm very annoyed by this timing because not only am I busy, but next week is my big chance to run with the MORE ladies. Maybe I'll tag along and run a mile or so and then turn back. That's pretty embarrassing though! Someday, someday I hope I can run a normal run with them. I thought I was on the right track having done 2 miles last week, but of course I should have known it wouldn't last!

No comments: