Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Outlook

Well, not really, but the title sounds catchy! I suppose my new outlook this year is to make running more of a priority in my life. Last year if I only ran once a week, I didn't really get too bothered by it until I ran the next time and realized I wasn't making any progress. This year I've run twice already (that's not saying much, I know) and both runs were hard but satisfying. It feels good to be outside, running in the freezing cold and getting weird looks from passing drivers. I feel proud of myself for taking care of my health and my dog's health, even if all we can manage is 1.5 miles.

I'm using my excuse of still recovering from being sick, so my run on Saturday was about 10 minutes and my run today was 15:52 with 1.53 miles covered (10:23 pace). I'm definitely happy with that and am going to try to run again on Wednesday to keep up this schedule.

No comments: