Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Afternoon Run

My bank training is in full swing, but I got off at 4pm today so I was able to do a quick run. My friend who is watching Laura was at the park with the kids and offered to bring Laura back home for me, so I gladly accepted. I felt like the pressure was on to be done with my run quickly so that I was back home before they got there. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today, and I felt so comfy in shorts and a t-shirt. Since it had been a few days, plus my hurry to finish, I went out way too fast. As in an 8:30 pace too fast! I paid for it almost instantly, and was breathing heavily the whole time. I stopped at 1.3 miles because I got back to my driveway and Moxie was pulling to go in the backyard. I dropped her off and finished by myself, arriving back home just a few minutes before my friend arrived.

2 miles in 19:40 which was a 9:46 pace. Now I can comfort myself that I got at least one run in this week. It's a great feeling!

No comments: