Thursday, March 4, 2010

Two Runs

I was so annoyed with my run on Tuesday that apparently I never even posted about it! I had to seek refuge at the gym since it was cold and hailing. The gym felt like it was about 100 degrees inside and all I could manage was one mile of running. What a disaster! Luckily a friend of mine who goes there confirms that it is kept extremely hot and she also finds it difficult to do any cardio. Luckily it wasn't just me.

Today I was able to get back to my roots-running outside. It was clear, but still cold and windy. I marvel that I was able to run in the 20 degree temps back in December, because it was 44 degrees today and I thought surely I would freeze to death! I did warm up pretty quickly though and had to take off my gloves and long sleeved pullover. I stopped to walk and stretch at the one mile mark, and I wasn't pleased that it took me at least 2 minutes to get running again. My breathing hasn't felt as good as usual lately and it shows. The plus side was my pace of 9:44. I completed my 2.02 miles in 19:39. I love seeing my pace get better, although should I ever run a race again I don't think I'll see such a nice time, since sadly they don't stop the clock when you stop to walk.

No comments: