Friday, March 19, 2010

Heating Up

Mid-March has arrived and just as I hoped, so did some warmer weather. It is so pleasant today, and Moxie enjoyed basking on the deck for several hours after I got home from work (short day today!) The thing I always forget though, is just how hard it is to run in the direct sunlight, and how a pleasant day with temps in the low 70's can be just horrible for a runner.

I was without Laura today and thought surely I would go farther and faster than yesterday. I did go farther, but only by a 1/2 mile. And I'm pretty sure I went slower too. But at least I got out there, and hopefully I'll go out at least once this weekend. I was so mad that there were so many people out in the neighborhood today at 1:30 (don't these people have jobs!?!?) because it's hard to run slowly and gasp for breath when people are watching. I think I did an ample job of convincing some of them that I'm a legitimate runner. The UPS guy though: he knows my secret. He passed me right as I stopped my run, and I'm sure I looked like I was about to faint and vomit all at the same time. So much for keeping up pretenses.

14:48 time, 1.5 miles, 9:58 pace.

No comments: