Sunday, May 10, 2009

Back on track, at least for now?!

It was a beautiful day yesterday, and I was motivated to get a long run in. I headed out before it got hot, and managed a total of 4.3 miles, of which two minutes at the beginning was walking, as was the final few minutes. Overall though, I ran 4 miles so I'm thrilled! I wore my HR monitor, and tried to keep my HR in check to be sure I could go the distance...I ended up running slower than usual as a result, averaging about 10.5 minute miles or so.

I planned the same today, but then Ed and Shelby surprised me with a Mother's Day breakfast, and gifts! There's just no running with cinnamon rolls in the tummy...maybe later today? I hope so, but we'll see.

2 comments:

Claire said...

4 miles...I am impressed!! Great job!!

The Emerging Runner said...

Are you still training for a race?