Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pittsburgh Run

I was able to get in a run on Saturday while up in Pittsburgh. There is a great trail near my grandparent's house, and I've walked it many, many times. Now that I'm a somewhat official runner, I was ready to actually run on the trail! I ran for 27:29, pretty good seeing as it had been a week since my last run.

The weather was pleasant, the trail was flat, and I was running behind (or should I say chasing) my sister the entire time, which all combined to make a great run! Just as good were the 3 deer I saw while walking down to the trail, the mallard duck floating down the creek (he looked a little confused as to why he was floating away), and the itty bitty chipmunk that ran right in front of me and made me shriek in surprise. Not like a typical run here in North Carolina!!

I'd say I went about 2.4 miles. I need to step up my game though, because Marla ran well over 3 and left me in her dust!

1 comment:

Three Dog Days said...

OOOO!! I got mentioned on this blog! It was a good run. I saw the same confused duck and I knew the chipmunk would startle you! :) I didn't see the deer.