Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quick Mile

I ran today with Laura in the jogging stroller and we all nearly got blown over by the wind! Even with her jacket and blanket, Laura said she was freezing so I knew I had to be quick. I decided to try a 'fast' mile so that I at least felt like I accomplished something. I really was pushing myself hard the whole time, and was pleased to get a mile done in 9:14. Since that was with 35+ pounds of kid and stroller, I think that's pretty darn good.

I definitely couldn't have run another step once I finished, so don't be looking for that as my pace anytime soon. But it's good to know I can do it! Kind of tempted to do another mile sometime next week with just Moxie and see if I can get even lower. Although for all I know, today could have been a fluke and maybe I shouldn't push my luck!

No comments: