Friday, November 6, 2009

Complaining, Part Twenty Seven

I feel like I complain a lot on this blog. I would say that I don't mean to, but I've come to realize I'm kind of a complaining kind of gal. I'm getting so frustrated with the fact that any time I take one step forward with my running, I have to take about 3 steps back. As usual, my steps back are the fact that I'm getting sick. Luckily it's not H1N1 (yet...it's going around my daughter's school right now!) but rather my usual asthma-related sickness I seem to get every time this year. My breathing is labored even walking up my stairs.

And yet...I had a pretty good run today. I felt like crap the whole time-breathing heavily, calves hurt, running super slow, but I broke the 2 mile barrier again! I ran for 22:19 and did 2.03 miles. I'm sure you can work out that that means my pace was slow. 10:58 slow. And the only reason I got it under 11 minutes is that I sprinted at the end to force the overall pace down. Kind of cheating I suppose, but it had to be done for my ego.

The bad part is that looking back over my past runs shows a pattern-I always seem to have a really good "final" run before a sickness, and then go about 2 weeks without running, and undo all of my hard work. I really hope that isn't the case this time.

PS. I ran on Wednesday as well, 16 minutes at the park, but I chose not to write about it because Moxie was being obnoxious and trying to kill squirrels the whole time.

No comments: