Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Running in the Rain

Well actually, more like drizzle. In trying to keep with my every-other-day running regime, I suited up today, stepped outside, and saw that it was drizzling. Moxie said she still wanted to run (at least that's how I interpreted her pathetic whining) so off we went. My main goal today was to return home with a dog that was as dry as possible, since Moxie seems to have the wet, smelly dog thing down pat. We fairly flew (for us) over a 1.31 mile course and made it home in just under 13 minutes, giving us a 9:54 pace.

I do have to point out though, that my average pace is always lowered a bit at the end by my final sprint. It's just something ingrained in me-you sprint at the end of a run. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, but it's always nice to know that I have a last little kick in me, and that I can in fact run a 7 minute pace, even for just 20 seconds. So I often think that recording my pace right at the end is a bit of a lie. It said I did 9:54 this time, but I'd say most of the time I was at about 10:15, and my sprint at the end was what lowered the pace. But it's what I've always been doing, so I guess I'll just keep with it.

No comments: