Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Afternoon run....and a cookie...

So I really didn't think I could run in the afternoons... Why? Well, I've always run in the morning, so that obviously is the only time I really can do so, right? Wrong! I was so disappointed about sleeping in today that I forced myself to get on the treadmill at Shelby's school. I was absolutely convinced though that the time of day, combined with the pasta lunch I had, would mean I'd end up just walking. Here's what happened:

-- I walked for two minutes
-- I ran for 33 minutes, with a one-minute walking break at about minute 24
-- Total time - 35 minutes exactly
-- I covered just about 3.2 miles
-- My butt and legs hurt!

I can't believe I ran about three miles - who am I? What happened to the "real" me, that prefers sleep and laziness to running?!!

How did I reward myself? With a chocolate chip cookie of course! Yum! :-)

2 comments:

Claire said...

Awesome!!! You've got your 5K right there!!! And that's great time too, I think you will leave me in your dust when we run together :)

Angela said...

I think not! Remember that I run at a controlled pace, with no wind, rain or sun in my face - I'm scared to death to run outside (especially since I did so the one time with shoes that didn't match)!