Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Injured but Still Running

I've already sustained my first injury! It's not exciting at all, just an ankle sprain from a few years ago that has flared back up. I don't think my original sprain every healed properly as my ankle still swells from time to time if I stand for too long. My ankle was fine the first couple weeks when I was mostly walking or doing equal parts walking and running, but now that I've moved to mostly running it has been causing problems. Most days it is sore when I start running and then is swollen by the time I've finished. I've been using ice and taking Motrin, and I have an appointment to get it checked out in two weeks. I'm not sure what the doctor could really do, since it doesn't seem to be sprained again, just sore. I'm hoping once I run more it will get used to it! Here's me putting ice on my ankle.

Wait, what's that on my ice pack??
It's Cinderella!! Because that's the kind of serious, professional runner I am.

And to make myself feel a little bit better, I'll share that today was another improvement day for me. 22 minutes of straight running, with a little over 2 miles completed. Can you believe that "Claire" and "running 2 miles" are appearing in the same sentence together?? I can't, but I hope that it stays that way!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Way to go, Claire - Ed would be proud of the "pushing through the pain" attitude, although I'm not sure your doctor will agree! :-) And I appreciate the photos! :-) I'm going to put on workout clothes right now, and head upstairs (I'm sitting on the couch in the lobby of Shelby's school sucking up free wireless internet!)....I'm determined to work out today!