Monday, October 27, 2008

A Monday Morning Update

So my big run around the neighborhood took place on Saturday morning instead of Friday, and ended up being one lap - 1.3 miles, completed in almost exactly 13 minutes. Too fast for three laps right now - pacing myself outside (off of a treadmill) is hard!! But, I felt cool because it was raining and I stuck with it - surely I'm a runner now! Of course, my "I'm a cool runner" feeling quickly faded when I got home and realized I was wearing one blue shoe and one green shoe....I guess that's what you get when you dress in the dark!

Sunday....I rested....and ate all day!


Monday morning - better! I walked for two minutes on the treadmill, ran 2 miles without stopping (took me 21 minutes and 30 seconds) and then walked for a couple of minutes to complete 2.1 miles (or was it 2.2? I don't remember...) in 25 minutes. I could have gone longer with the running I think, but I was bored. Need a TV in front of the treadmill in a big way.... The funny thing is that I didn't really feel like running, but got dressed and so on, and then... "Hmmm...I guess I'm going to run, since I'm already on the treadmill..." Starting to feel like a habit! I'm going to lift weights today too, just because I'm in the mood....

Tuesday is my off day because of my work schedule....so back to running on Wednesday!

No comments: