Friday, October 31, 2008

Thanks ABBA

After taking a day off to do lazy things like go to the doctor, the grocery store, and help put together a media center, I ran again today. My ankle was hurting (again) but I told it to suck it up and stop complaining. I usually feel much better after running for a few minutes. Today I bested myself again and ran for 25 minutes altogether. I was out for 32 minutes total. I drove my car around my neighborhood after I ran and was disappointed that I only ran for about 2.3 miles. Only 2.3 miles! What kind of person says things like that?

But the best part was that my overall course covered close to 3 miles which is practically my 5K! I don't think I'll have any problem meeting my goal of finishing in less than 45 minutes. My main goal is to run the entire time, which I'm working on. I notice that I even walk faster now. My warmup walk is getting shorter and shorter but I still walk the same length of street.

Today I'm thanking ABBA for my excellent run. Thanks for thinking up such clever, fun songs for me to run to.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Way to go, Claire - be stern with that ankle! :-)