Monday, February 8, 2010

2 Miles Exactly

Maybe I'm just not ready yet for running two days in a row. Moxie and I set out this morning and immediately I felt exhausted. My lungs felt tight, and my legs were tired and sore. Made it to 1.25 miles and walked for about a minute. Finished out at 2 miles exactly. Funny that just a few days ago I was saying I couldn't stop to walk...it seems to have become a habit already. All I could think during the first leg was, "Just make it to the stop sign and you can walk". I think that's all that got me through the first part of the run. Definitely couldn't have done 2 miles if I hadn't taken that break. I wonder if this will be something I do all the time. I don't really mind, although I do want to get to the point where I can run several miles without stopping for any breaks. Not sure why that is so important to me....

No comments: