Monday, February 15, 2010

Running Out Of Titles

It's hard to think up titles when you seem to do the same run day after day. I did like that I got a tiny pun in there though, about running. Ha ha. Anyway, I did 2 miles again without walking. I had planned on stopping to walk at about 1.75 miles and then trying to do an extra 1/2 mile to bump up my mileage, but something told me if I stopped all I was going to be able to manage was an extra 1/4 mile, and I'd rather do 2 straight than walk with 1/4 mile left. So that's what I did. Maybe I can do some extra mileage next time. We'll see.

Today it took me 20:21 which was a 10:09 pace. I'm okay with that. It was pretty windy and when I attempted to do a last little sprint at the end (something drilled into me when I was a kid doing track and field) I basically went nowhere because it was so windy. It was definitely a pathetic sprint.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am really impressed with your pace these days, I don't think you realize the progress you have made. No matter what shape I think I am in, this time of the year I really struggle with my runs. My friends seem to be in the same boat, and it is hard to believe that we ran a marathon a couple of months ago. It seems hard to get through a 3 miler these days. I am hoping with the spring weather, I will find a "spring in my step." Just keep at it and you will go farther, I just know it.