Friday, February 19, 2010

Running Without Moxie

Moxie is off getting a bath today and I decided to carry on without her. It feels SO weird not holding a leash in my hand, and as odd as it sounds, I almost felt off-balance or something. Not like I enjoy always reeling her back in when we run, but I'm definitely used to it. Sadly I didn't manage to go much faster, so my theory of her holding me back isn't true. It was so windy again today, and my left knee is still bothering me-although not enough to get me to stop running!

I ran until 1.75 miles and stopped to walk and stretch, probably for a total of 2 minutes this time. Usually I don't stop for so long, but I wanted to go put my gloves back on the porch. It was definitely hard starting back up again after such a "long" break! I finished out at 2.35 miles and did it in the same time as Wednesday (23:18). My pace was 9:54 which is all thanks to the second part of my run. My pace up until I stopped was hovering around 10:05 but I managed to kick it up a notch for the last .6 miles. Still, it looks good on paper, so I'm not complaining.

No comments: