Friday, February 12, 2010

The Truth Hurts

I've been in denial to myself that my left knee hurts, but it definitely does. Luckily it's not bad at all, just persistent. I took Wednesday off from running due to our incredible wind. Downed trees everywhere and debris like you wouldn't believe...not to mention Moxie almost got blown away in the backyard! I also skipped my 30 Day Shred yesterday since we were gone all day, so I had hoped that giving my knee a rest would clear things up. Not totally, but it did help. I'm also making a point to run with traffic in a few less traveled parts of the neighborhood, to hopefully even out the impact on my knees.

Knee issues aside, this was one of my worst runs in a while. The distance and time were fine, I just felt so awful. Usually if I feel crummy I can power through and will feel okay once I stop, but this time just walking back to the house took all of my effort. My breathing was awful and my stomach was not feeling so great. At least I managed to finish, and I didn't do any walking breaks today. Maybe that was the problem.

20:35, 2 miles even. 10:18 pace.

No comments: