Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back On Track, Kinda

Thanks to all the sickness in my house, it's been over a week since my last run. Yikes! I knew I couldn't expect too much of myself today, so I set a goal of 15 minutes. I had Laura and Moxie with me, plus some wind, so I felt like I was working pretty hard. I ran for 18:20, just did my little loop in our neighborhood which is something like 1.6 miles. I guess better than nothing, but what a bummer to go from almost 29 minutes last week (longest run since Dec!) to not even 20 today.

But getting back on track is important, and even better-today was my first day with my new shoes! I didn't get them from a specialty running store, but I think I picked pretty wisely. They are comfy, snug but not too tight, and as an added bonus, pretty cute for running shoes. I felt very good while I ran. For about 5 minutes at least, until reality set in and I realized that I was already getting tired.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Isn't it hard to get back into the swing? Sounds like you did pretty a pretty good job today though!