Saturday, April 18, 2009

No Wonder Kids Are In Such Good Shape

Last night my entire family (including Moxie!) goofed off in the front yard-we ran laps around the yard, practiced running backwards, skipped, did sidewinders, bear crawls-you name it, we did it. It worked my muscles in a way running doesn't and I think that's what made today so hard.

Still, I'm in shock over how hard my run today was. Moxie and I went out at about 9:30 while my husband was in charge of our yard sale. I knew I wouldn't go far, since I haven't run since Wednesday and that one week of not running while sick was a big set back. But I didn't expect it to feel so hot, and for my legs to feel so sore.

So needless to say I was huffing and puffing the entire time, and I ran for only 20:08. I did cover about 1.8 miles which I guess is my normal (albeit horribly slow) pace. But man, I ran for almost 29 minutes just 11 days ago, and I thought that meant I was well on my way to half hour runs. I guess that was foolish of me!

And to reference my title, I think in all honesty I will have to play in the yard more often like that, because I think I would get in really good shape really fast. It was hard work!

No comments: