Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Multitasking!

So this post began as I was being cut, colored and highlighted (thank goodness for Dorian!), and will be completed in my office away from home - Village Coffee House....

Anyway...busy the last several days outside, so I've not had time to post. I can see that, the warmer it gets, the harder it will be for me to spend time at my computer above what work requires!  I did run on Thursday (just over two miles?), and had a bit of knee pain. I took the "cautious" approach on Friday and over the weekend -- I didn't run, but I worked myself silly in the yard and garden. Definitely good physical activity!

This morning, I got back on the treadmill, and had a terrific run!  I ran a 5K, in about 33:30 -- but I must note that I walked the first four minutes and last two, so I'm exceedingly pleased. I actually ran in the skirt because it was early, and I wasn't awake enough to locate alternative running attire. Could it be that the skirt makes me faster?  I'd better not think this way, because I'm apt to become "skirt dependent" and you all will get tired of seeing me in it before long.  Or worse, I'll start to think I can't run without it, and end up throwing temper tantrums if it's in the laundry when I must run. Good grief.... 

3 comments:

Claire said...

Great run today!! You definitely need to secure another skirt so that you can always have one to wear! I think another trip to Dick's may be in order-we can look for skirts and I can show you the tank top I now love so much.

The Emerging Runner said...

I started wrapping an ACE knee band around my lower thight about an hour a day a few days before my race. It really seemed to help my leg problem and it also helped the way my knee felt.

I am amused by the skirt talk. Runner's World did a feature about skirt culture (and its controversy) a number of months back. Adventure Girl and I talked briefly about them yesterday and we're using that as a topic of our discussion for our run tomorrow. I'm on the pro side...

Angela said...

I embrace the skirt....and my husband is in awe of the skirt....and it makes me run faster (or at least I choose to believe it does)...what's not to love? :-)