Friday, April 3, 2009

Claire's New Rule

So my new rule for running is never less than 25 minutes. That's the level I've finally built back up to, so I feel like if I'm going to improve, I have to make sure that my current maximum is actually my minimum (if that makes any sense). Sure enough, the day I instituted my new rule, I almost broke it!

I ran out of my neighborhood today and across our busy main road into another neighborhood. They've been tearing houses down at the end of one of the streets, and I was curious so I decided to check it out on my run. Sadly I found out absolutely nothing and had run myself almost a mile from home with only one way home-uphill. It wasn't technically a hill, but an upward slope nonetheless. I got back close to my house, checked my watch, and...only 17 minutes!

So I had to keep running. I ran and ran to fill those last 8 minutes, and I thought, surely this is how I will die. I wanted to barf but I don't hate anyone in my neighborhood enough to barf in their grass, so I just kept going. I was proud that I still had enough energy to do my token sprint at the end (only one house this time, how sad!) All told-25:11. Distance with be noted later, once I drive the course. *Approx 2.2 miles*

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love the mileage update!