Monday, April 20, 2009

Running "Fast"

This afternoon my husband came home from errands, changed into running clothes, and said, "Let's go!" I was about as far from being ready to run that one can be, but I know I need to get back on track, so I agreed. I raced upstairs, changed, and not 5 minutes later we were heading down the street.

I know I always talk about how hard my run was, but this time was seriously the worst. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time of getting back on track after being sick, but this run was torture from the very first step. On the plus side, my husband did keep the pace up and made me run faster than I have as of late (still, I think our pace was a 10 minute mile-pathetic!!). We did our neighborhood loop in just under 18 minutes, and continued on to make it a little past 20 minutes. So I went about 2 miles in the time I usually go about 1.8. Good, but it doesn't explain the stitch in my side, thighs that felt like they were made of lead, inability to breathe, and the sweat pouring down. Let's hope next time is better!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Give yourself credit for going out for a run at a moments notice! Are you having trouble with your allergies? That seems to be causing all of us some trouble these days. I am proud of you for getting out there and can't wait till you are here so we can run together!

Angela said...

I second the idea that you must give yourself credit for running at all -- had Ed done that, I might not have been as...nice? :-)