Thursday, April 30, 2009

MIA...but still running!

So I know I've been missing in action lately, in terms of blog posting at least, but I've still been running! I've not posted because -- and I'm being really honest here -- I've had more than a bit of work-related drama (not all bad, but dramatic nonetheless) and the thought of approaching my computer for non-work reasons has revolted me recently. I think I'm over it though, and am starting to return to my normal self. Anyway....

I'm going to start fresh, and just give a recap of yesterday's run. I decided to play a little with speed and see how it felt. Here's what I did...I ran at a 9:05 minute mile pace at all times during my run, which is pretty speedy for me, with a goal of covering 3.1 miles. I knew (and I was right) that I'd probably have to walk or run slowly for a few minutes here and there to recover, but overall I was pleased with how far I could run at that pace. I actually covered a total of 3.22 miles with walking for a few minutes before, during and after my running, in about 33 minutes. And the best part? The treadmill workout was actually interesting!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wow, good for you! You must have really been flying. I never thought I would hear "treadmill" and "interesting" in the same sentence :)