Wednesday, January 6, 2010

27 Degrees

That's the temperature right now, although it's actually probably a few degrees lower with the wind chill. And yes, I ran! I REALLY didn't want to, but I wanted to stay on my schedule, plus all my holiday eating has caught up with me big time and I am not pleased with my new, higher weight or my much larger muffin top.

I had a lot harder time today than Monday. My shins were killing me and my legs felt so heavy. The cold air seemed to be cutting my lungs so I was forced to run with my gloved hand over my mouth until I warmed up a bit. I also realized today that I don't have very good cold weather gear, so I had to wear a puffer vest that definitely isn't meant for running. It was very bulky, but it definitely helped.

My plan to never run less than the time before almost did me in as I struggled to at least run 1.5 miles. In the end I did the exact same distance as Monday (1.53 miles) in more time (16:19). But I managed it and will hopefully run again on Friday!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow! you are awesome for going out in that weather, and all by yourself. It was 80 degrees at 4pm when we ran today, and I still hated it, and complained alot! I feel guilty now after reading your blog, I will try to do better tomorrow. Keep up the good work, it is great to set those goals for yourself, that is how you will improve.