Friday, January 15, 2010

Frick!

That is what I said several times on this run. What a disaster! It's a bit warmer today, about 42 I think, and the wind is really low so I quickly got too hot with my vest on and decided to return home to drop it on my porch. Moxie apparently misinterpreted my intentions and ran right in front of me, causing me to trip. Luckily I didn't fall, but the whole debacle made her so nervous that she acted skittish the rest of the run.

On top of that I went a different way today that had way too many inclines for my taste. I started to get really hot with all my gear on and found myself carrying quite a bit of it in my hands. Moxie continued to act weird and when we finally stopped running, I found out why-she immediately stopped and pooped more than I have ever seen her poop at once. I always carry a bag with me but have only had to use it one other time. The bag I had today was actually on the smaller side and couldn't even contain everything!! It was disgusting. I had to scoop it up in the bag and carry it in my hand, all the way back home. There was no way for me to tie it shut and at least dangle it down so I feel like I'm just carrying a bag of groceries or something. Oh no! I basically carried home a pile of poop in my hand with only a tiny plastic bag as a barrier.

The moment I got to my doorstep I realized I had left my gloves back at the poop site. I had to jump in the car to go back and retrieve them. On the way I noted that I had walked 3/10ths of a mile with the poop-not that far, except when you're carrying a pile of dog poop. What an awful run. All told 19:44, 1.91 miles, 10:20 pace. I don't know if I'll be able to match that next time I run.

1 comment:

Patty said...

This post made me laugh, I think Josh will really enjoy reading about the poop drama! I truly have a picture of you running, with a pile of poop sitting in your open hand. Maybe that is just the push you need to get you going. I am really enjoying reading about all your running, it seems like you are really making progress, Good Job!