Friday, January 8, 2010

Windy!

I happy to report that there was no snow on the ground this morning, as the weather man predicted (I really didn't believe it would happen though). So Laura was able to go to school and I was able to run. Three times this week so far, I'm so happy! It was definitely a bit warmer today, about 42 degrees, and would have felt great if it weren't for the wind. I checked online and it said the winds were 24mph, which I don't know if that's high or not, but it made it feel like 28 degrees-or so said weather.com.

I didn't so much mind the cold, but the wind was just a killer. It was blowing from the north and a lot of my course takes me that way, so it was slow going. I think I need to get a little wrap to put around my neck so I can cover my nose and mouth when I'm first starting out-the cold air is just murder on my lungs. Today though I warmed up a lot more and had to take off my vest which I then unfortunately had to carry all the way home. I went a bit farther than normal to force me to run more, and I ended up covering 1.76 miles. I'm definitely happy with that! Total time running was 18:46, at a slooow 10:41 pace.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I was looking online and there are two things you could get to keep your neck and mouth warmer when you run. One is a balacava, a kind of a ski mask with an opening for the face, (probably too much), and the other is a neck gaiter, which you can pull up over your mouth if you like. I am thinking you would like the neck gaiter if you got it in a fabric that wicked away the sweat, there were knit ones that I don't think would be ideal. Good luck with the cold, and good job getting out there.