Monday, January 11, 2010

A Tiny Bit Warmer, And A Tiny Bit Farther

So it's maybe a few degrees warmer today, and I ran a tiny (like .03 miles) farther than Friday. But that's fine, I'm keeping up with my goal of always doing the same or more distance as the day before (except when I have Laura with me).

Today, I ran for 18:41 which was 1.79 miles at a 10:25 pace. I'm very pleased that one of my fastest paces of the morning was running up the small incline by my house. Also good? The fact that once I stopped and was doing my cool down walk, I decided to jog for a moment to see how it felt, and it felt just fine. I probably could have gone again for about a 1/2 mile, which isn't far, but usually I feel like I can't run another step once I'm done. I think one day this week I'll have to give it a try, running my full course then walking for a bit and starting again. That might be just the ticket to bump up my endurance!

No comments: