Monday, January 25, 2010

Enough With The Wind!

We had a crazy wind and rain storm last night, so crazy that at about 3am my daughter woke up calling me, begging to sleep in my bed. That is a very rare occurrence at our house and I think it demonstrates just how windy it was. The rain has gone and the streets are drying, but the wind remains.

Today was also my first run with my new shoes, and came only about 12 hours after my first day of the 30 day shred. My legs were pretty wobbly, so I decided I would allow myself to take it easy. Too bad that running a shorter distance was still so difficult! It didn't feel like an easy run AT ALL. I only did 1.3 miles and that was it. I hate that my daily runs are the runs someone running a marathon would do to warm up. I know everyone is different, and I've really come to accept that I'm just not built for running, but I wish I could make a little bit more progress than this.

But I don't want to fall into self-pity! I know I'll keep making progress if I keep with it. I'm glad the run was short because my shins didn't have time to really bother me. My calves were really tight and I think that's why my shins usually end up hurting. I definitely need to figure out a way to strengthen my ankles and calves. Hopefully my "shredding" will help!

No comments: