Friday, January 29, 2010

Change Of Scenery

Today Moxie is at the vet getting a bath (just in time for the huge rain/ice storm we are supposed to have tonight!) so I figured I would try to run by Laura's school after I dropped her off. It's in the older part of town and even has sidewalks and everything! There are a fair amount of cars too, and I don't think Moxie would like that very much so I've never tried it before.

The run would have been a lot better if it hadn't been so windy! With the wind and cars whizzing by, my pace hovered around 11 minutes the whole time. Yuck. But it was a nice change to run somewhere else-my neighborhood is so boring! It was weird though not knowing how far along in the run I was. My usual route is so predictable that I usually know about how long I've been running depending on where I am.

Despite some thigh pain from the 30 Day Shred, I managed to do 2 miles today. I forgot to bring my new running shoes with me but was pleased that my legs didn't really bother me. And I got a nice compliment from someone who called me just a few minutes after I got in the car. She said I sounded great, like I hadn't run at all. It got me thinking...I may not run fast or very far, but it is very true that I'm definitely in good enough shape to recover quickly from a 2 mile run. It used to be that I would be dead for 30 minutes after a run. Now I walk a little bit, stretch (thanks to encouragement from Patty!) and just go do my next thing. That's definitely improvement! Total time today, 22:15, 2.01 miles, 11:05 pace.

No comments: