Monday, January 18, 2010

Hurts So Good

After a rainy weekend, we've been blessed with sun and temperatures in the 50s! I wore shorts and a t-shirt on my run, and got pretty toasty, and cursed myself for wishing for warmer weather. What will I do when it's in the 90s and humid? The wind was strong again today but I found that I started out pretty quickly and was determined not to let my pace drop into the 10s. On top of that I also wanted to run at least 2 miles. So what's a girl to do? Nearly kill herself to make it happen, of course.

I'm pleased to say that I managed it and even managed to drag myself back inside and collapse in the privacy of my own home. I did 2.03 miles is 20:04 which is a pace of 9:54. My first mile was 9:49. I definitely felt like I was running very fast the whole time so I doubt I'll see those numbers again any time soon. But it felt great to hit the 2 mile mark again, finally. I've also decided I need new running shoes-I was looking at pictures last night from our Disney World trip in May and saw I was wearing the same shoes I still wear. Probably time for new pair, especially since I don't wear them just as running shoes. But that's a whole other issue, and I won't complain here about my lack of comfy but cute shoes.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow, you are really making progress! New shoes really make a difference, and when you find a brand/style you really like, I can give you a website that is great for ordering online. It POURED here today, and the wind was blowing like crazy. It cleared in the late afternoon, but I was in no mood by then to go out, so really slacked off today. It is supposed to rain all week long ugh! I may even have to run on a treadmill :(