Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Chatty Girl at the Gym...

So how do you make a run go by fast, but force yourself to go slower than normal in an effort to meet a time goal?  Pick the treadmill next to the chatty girl at the gym of course!  She and I talked during my entire run of 40 minutes (first 5 walking) and 3.5 miles, and as it turns out, we grew up in the same area of Pennsylvania, and she was familiar with a lot of the bars I used to frequent in college... :-) Overall, it was a great run, and one I'd label "easy" since I wasn't concerned about going a certain distance and I took my time. And, the bonus is, I really enjoyed running and socializing simultaneously!

1 comment:

Claire said...

You should make sure she's there at least once a week so you can get in more runs like that!