Thursday, December 11, 2008

Worst. Run. Ever.

I hadn't run for 2 days (horrors!) so today was a "run or else" kind of day. It rained hard overnight and the streets are wet, but it was barely drizzling when I went out. What it is though, is humid. Pretty shocking for mid-December, and while I have yet to experience our summer humidity, this was pretty bad. I felt lethargic and I couldn't breathe. I have no idea if that had to do with the weather or just me being out of shape.

I'm embarrassed to report that I ran one mile. That's it. And I had to force myself to do that. The only plus side is that I ran it in 10:30, which is a quicker pace than I usually do. That in itself is embarrassing too. I long for the day that 10:30 is a super-slow pace. While I'm dreaming, it would be nice to be able to run more than a mile.

No comments: