Monday, December 8, 2008

Jingle Bell Jog!!!

So rather than continue to wait for my darling husband to load photos onto my computer, I'm going to spill it regarding the 5K, and post photos later! 

Here goes....the Jingle Bell Jog was so much FUN!  Claire and I arrived together, figured out how to attach numbers and chips, froze our behinds off as we waited to start, then started late as we threw our stuff at Ed so we could catch up!  

Once we got started, Claire and I ran together for the first mile or so - and about five seconds into the race we decided that our fear of finishing last was completely unfounded....after all, lots of people walked the 5K, so finishing last would have been nearly impossible!  So what's the best part about the race?  PASSING PEOPLE!  I loved picking someone in front of me, and deciding that I was going to finish before that person. And I have to be honest - it was especially fun passing someone if that someone happened to be a boy! :-)

Results (time of course is off because we didn't start right away!): I finished in 33:01, I think... I was 23rd to finish, and the 12th girl to finish.  

It also must be noted that Claire did awesome, especially since she'd been sick and hadn't run in a while!

Next event....a 5K on December 20, then maybe a 10K????  

No comments: