Friday, December 26, 2008

Day After Christmas

Yesterday I decided to take off as a Christmas gift to myself, but my husband made me look bad by going out for a run without me. Today, after we all watched "Kung Fu Panda", he started getting ready to go out again, so I knew I had to too. And believe me, I was not happy about it. We ran a route that I've never run before, and it seemed very long and full of horrible hills. My husband wouldn't let me stop running, something I was NOT happy about at the time, but of course thank him for now.

In reality the course wasn't all that hilly, but there were two notable slopes that we had to try extra hard to get up. My total time was 32:11 and according to Google maps, we ran 2.9 miles. I really, really, really hope that is true, because I was starting to get pretty discouraged with my 15 minute runs. I seem to be the type that has a few really bad runs followed by one good one, just to keep me interested enough to keep running.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wish my husband would make ME run more! ;-)

Claire said...

Maybe the roles will have to be reversed and YOU will be the one forcing him to run and he will be the one yelling at you. I still feel bad about how mad I was today, it was at about the 2 mile mark and I thought I was about to die. I'm glad I was forced to push through though!