Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recovery Run

Friday was the big 5K day, which I wrote about on my family blog. You can read about it here if you haven't already. Today was what I deemed my "Recovery Run", and that's exactly what it was. My legs were pretty sore, since I haven't run for a while and since the first mile of the 5K was entirely uphill. So I knew today would be rough. And it was.

It was downright cold today, so cold that my husband even gave in and wore a long-sleeved shirt and gloves on the run. This from the guy who ran in shorts and a T-shirt while living in Missouri last winter. I met my goal and ran for about 1.5 miles, then walked for 2 minutes, and ran a little bit longer. Altogether I ran for a little under 25 minutes, which I was pleased with. I am definitely getting back into running after being sick for so long, so I am making a point not to push myself too hard. 25 minutes of running with walking sprinkled in does not please me, but it's better than nothing! Hopefully in about a month or so 3 miles will be my "normal" run. I have a lot of work to do before then.

No comments: