Monday, December 8, 2008

An experiment...

So I thought I'd experiment with my running today, and see what happened. I really wanted to see if I could run the distance of a 5K faster, so I focused on running exactly 3.1 miles. I started out at a ten-minute mile pace, then increased to a pace of a little over 8 and a half-minute miles, and then back to a ten-minute mile pace to finish. 3.1 miles in 28:40. I felt great throughout from a cardio perspective, but my legs got really tired!  I'm glad tomorrow is an off day for me, because I have a feeling I'm going to be a little sore! :-)

2 comments:

Claire said...

Wow, awesome time!! Maybe that 25 minute goal isn't so lofty :)

Angela said...

I don't know...25 minutes for a 5K still seems like a long way off, especially given how sore my legs are today!