Sunday, December 14, 2008

The stars aligned...and I've been converted!

So I've finally figured out that some days you'll have good runs, and some days you'll have not-so-good runs, and it really is all part of the process.  And I guess a lot goes into making a good run, like getting enough sleep, enough, but not too much to eat, not feeling too sore, and so on.  

But today....the stars aligned I guess, and my run was great. The temperature outside was perfect (it was about 60 degrees), so I headed to the track to battle the frustration of looking for my keys for a mere four hours today.  I ran 4 laps, which took me 40 minutes, during which I think I became an outdoor runner. It was wonderful to use time as a goal, and beyond looking at my watch as I finished each lap, I didn't care one thing about how far I'd gone, how many miles per hour I was running, or how many calories I was burning. And the best part....I got to run at my own pace, which meant slowing down going up "the hill" and speeding up as I felt like it. I know the treadmill is my best friend when it comes to fitting a workout into my day, and will continue to be for at least a while, but now I appreciate running outdoors all the more for it.   Oh...and I found my keys as soon as I got home....in my purse where they always are...

1 comment:

Claire said...

4 laps...awesome!!! I can't imagine doing 4 times around, good for you. And I'm glad you found your keys :)