Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Running again...kind of...

So I couldn't take it anymore. The sun is shining, and I have a new gadget to play with, so I headed out for some exercise. The plan was to run and walk, but really to do whatever felt comfortable on my knee, and in terms of breathing (chest cold in progress...as if I have time for this!). I didn't go fast or far - in fact, I ran just a little and walked the rest while the wind blew dirt in my face (seriously...it's really, really windy out there today!).  I completed just 2 miles in 26 minutes (didn't I just do a 5K in just two minutes more time?!), but it felt good to be running again, if you can call it that.

Another bonus - I was too lazy to actually drive anywhere to run/walk so instead, I discovered a terrific 2 mile loop in a nearby neighborhood!  I actually took a short-cut too, so I'm excited to get back to that area and discover longer routes!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm glad you got to go out today, I know it has been torture for you! And I'm eager to hear about this shortcut. Sounds exciting!