Monday, December 15, 2008

Two Steps Back

If yesterday felt like I was finally taking one step forward, then today was two steps back! I ran this afternoon with my husband and we both struggled (me much more than him). I only managed 10 minutes, then walked 90 seconds, then ran 10 more minutes. I had planned on doing one more 10 minute circuit, but I was within sight of my house and just couldn't do it. I ran one more minute and collapsed at home.

On the plus side, our guilt over the bad run drove my husband and I to do some yoga for the first time ever. It was really hard! We were both sweating and sore by the end of the 20 minute routine but it made me feel better about the bad run. I hope to continue with the yoga and gain some more strength and flexibility. That can only help my running, right?!?

No comments: