Saturday, December 20, 2008

Reindeer Run

I wrote about today's Reindeer Run on my blog but I will put a few details here, since this is our running blog, after all. Today was a bit harder for me than the last race. I think the course was tougher; it seemed much hillier than the last race. Also, last time I had a really good "first run after not running for 2 weeks" kind of day, whereas this time I have been running here and there, but have only been managing about 2 miles.

Happily though, I completed it, with an official time of 37:50. I walked for about 90 seconds when we had about 1/2 mile left-there was a giant hill that I ran up part of and walked the rest to catch my breath. I'm glad I did because it allowed me to finish strong. My husband and daughter ran with me, and I loved that. I can't wait until Laura is old enough to be running with us instead of riding in the stroller.

I don't want to spoil Angela's post by giving away her time, so I'll just say this: she totally rocked it!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I have to say it just one more time. Those hills were AWFUL!