Saturday, December 20, 2008

Reindeer Run - again!

I'll get right to the point - finished the Reindeer Run in 28:00 officially, but five seconds faster according to my own timekeeping. Either way, still way better than the first race!

If you've read Claire's post (thanks for the comment, by the way Claire!), she said she thought the course was tougher...I, on the other hand, thought it was ridiculously hilly and difficult - a fact that was confirmed later at a birthday party by a veteran runner who claimed that the course we ran today is the hardest 5K course he's ever run! The only reason I didn't sit down on the side of the road halfway up the toughest hill and cry until someone carried me across the finish line was the fact that Ed's friend Doc ran with me. Of course, he just did it to support me (I don't think he even breathed hard at any point during the race, hills or not) and it made a huge difference.  He kept me posted on our pace and distance throughout, and of course told me I was doing a great job, etc. I think I'm going to adopt him as my new coach, assuming he'll do it for free and promise never to yell as a form of motivation!

3 comments:

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire said...

I'm glad to hear that a "pro" agrees with us that the course was horrible! It was definitely tough...yet you still went faster than last time! :)

Angela said...

A comment on my own post - strange, I know - but I have to keep a record of my race data in a place I can find it. BTW, the data is now posted on active.com:

44th woman to finish - out of 149 women that raced
11th in my division to finish (women 30 - 39), out of 35 women in the division
123rd runner to finish out of 317 finishers
Time: 28:00