Monday, February 9, 2009

Another good run!

I really need to be working as a deadline is staring me in the face this morning, but I have to take a second to post about yesterday's run....

The weather was so beautiful, so Ed, Shelby and I headed to HM Park - they play, I run.... According to my Garmin, I covered 2.37 miles (before you yell at me, please know that I really only RAN about 2 miles - the rest includes pre- and post-run walking!). I wouldn't consider it an easy run (please don't ask me what my average heart rate throughout was, because it was too high!), but my knee felt nearly perfect throughout. At least 3 more 1.75 mile to 2 mile runs this week are on the schedule....

I didn't do myself any favors after running though (although seeing Shana and Olga at the park was wonderful!) - once I got home, I cleaned garden boxes, took Shelby on a bike ride and played soccer with her in the yard.  My knee hurt last night, and I can still feel it today. So, today is an off day, and I take it easy I guess. 

I'm determined to run outside again at least twice this week though - to warm outside NOT to run!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Good for you! The weather was just beautiful yesterday and I was so bummed we didn't get to play outside at all. I can't believe you are already back to 2 miles, soon you will be up to 4 in no time!

Angela said...

I hope!!! I'm planning on running outside on Wednesday and Friday, if you're up for a neighborhood loop (mine or yours...doesn't matter!)...