Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not A Run, But Still...

It was so flippin' cold today (under 30 degrees is just too cold for me!) so a run was out of the question. I am having enough breathing problems as is and just didn't want to risk the cold air doing a number on my lungs. But by the afternoon, it had warmed up a bit and our cabin fever got the best of us. So I popped Laura in the stroller (complete with jacket, hat, mittens, two layers of pants and a giant blanket), grabbed the leash, and we went for a walk.

I only walked for about 15-20 minutes, probably just a mile or less, but it felt great to be out. It was surprisingly hard to keep myself from running. I actually did run for about 4-5 houses, but with jeans and a giant coat on, I probably looked pretty silly so I decided to stop. I hope to run tomorrow, it is supposed to be warmer and I haven't run since Sunday. I hope I can do a decent run to get my confidence back up after Sunday's bad run.

I hope that the coming weeks will bring some warmer weather and some consistency on my part. I keep moaning that I have no idea why I'm not losing weight, but it's probably because I'm only running about two times a week. It needs to be more than that!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I second your hopes for warmer weather, but it doesn't look like we'll have to wait too long! It was straight to the treadmill for me today!